July 8, 2009

~Vintage Romance in Pink~












Good Morning Friends~I must say that it was such a lovely day today! Getting back to sewing and creating was so welcoming & comfortable~like putting on your favorite pair of old slippers! (smiles) I'm so happy with the way this pretty little apron turned out, romantic, lacey, colorful and fun. I made it longer to compliment a hostess dress or long skirt. Using vintage crochet pieces to accent the pockets and I also added vintage green apple bakelite buttons! Vintage lace around the edges...sooooo Jane Austen!! After all of these months of packing and moving and unpacking...I forgot how peaceful it is to be able to sit at my sewing machine and just go to town! Good for the Soul!
Blessings~


9 comments:

  1. From one seamstress to another.. BRAVA!!!!! You did a wonderful job. I was just talking to my hubs about making some aprons. Do you have a pattern that you prefer one to another? I'd love to have a couple for myself and to give/sell to others.

    I love this one... quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simply adorable. Elegant, chic & darling ... TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Pretty... I love those flowers.. Would be great gift.
    Happy sewing.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL....chic, simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is beautiful, Sharon! such pretty colors and I love the lace! very well done!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. The apron is lovely. I used to wear them all the time to save my clothing. Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful sewing, I don't think I could take the chance of getting this apron dirty, I'd have to wear it after I cooked, hehe!

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you visited me today and led me to your beautiful blog, I am now your newest follower. I'll be visiting regularly!!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you on another journal and thought I would stop by. How clever you are, your work is just beautiful and I love that fabric, beautiful pattern. I have never been any good with a needle but do like to see pretty things others have made.

    ReplyDelete