July 26, 2009

~And God Said, "Let There Be Lights......."

Good Sunday Morning Friends~
As I was gazing at the moon last night, I thought how blessed we are that our Lord thought of everything! The sun to warm the earth, the moon for light at night. I went to my Bible to, Genesis 1:14 to read word for word of the wonderous creation of light. Lately I have been worrying so much, and this scripture spoke to me. I wasn't looking for an answer for my worrying, but simply wondering what the Lord had in mind when He created the moon & sun. This passage was an answer for me to a question I had not ask.
"And God said, "Let there be light in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. God made two great lights-the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning-the fourth day."
God knew our needs before we were even created. Aren't we blessed to have a Father who loves us so completely that our needs are met before we even know what they are? I am reminded that I need not worry when the Lord is in control.
Blessings for a peaceful, restful, thankful Sunday Morning~

3 comments:

  1. Oh we are SO loved. I love going into the old testaments to read. Much is quoted from the new so when the old is brought forth it's quite nice. Your pictures have been so pretty. I love the top banner to your blog. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so delightful to read this posting with your music... It really shed a light in my heart... Thank you for sharing my friend.
    Hugs
    Roslind

    ReplyDelete