February 19, 2009

~Magnificent Orchids in Bloom!~


A month or two ago, I wrote about my two orchids, and I posted a picture of the first one that bloomed...a Stunning Pink Orchid. Now friends, the other is blooming, and I just had to share the beauty of this purest white orchid with its fuchsia center. What a lovely way to greet the morning! Looking at this Beautiful flower, I am reminded just how much Our Lord loves us. When the Father created the world He thought of every single detail from our bodies to our souls...He gave us incredible beauty so we could enjoy a feast for the heart as well, tiny little details that complete the whole, and perfectly-without too much or too little. Have you ever noticed that when looking at the work of the Lord, that it is impossible to improve on? The delicate balance of subject and space in conjunction with color, and geometry is divine perfection. This Phalaenopsis Orchid is a wonderful lesson in design and color, but it also shows how a complimentary blend of opposites can create a masterpiece. I think that this is what you & I are friends... a complimentary blend of uniqueness. I wish for you a day of sunshine and flowers, a day of peace and comfort in these troubled times. And remember, you too are one of the Lord's masterpieces! Blessings~

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful orchid, it is absolute perfection! And your baby girl quilt in the post below is a lovely foil for the orchid. Sharon, I enjoy your "lessons" in each and every post. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh, how pretty! You must have a super green thumb!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly gorgeous! Wow...I wish I could grow such beautiful blooms. I've managed to keep my roses alive but I digress.. I kill ivy! It's totally embarressing!

    Thank you for sharing and the SWEET baby girl quilt is fabuloso! Thank you for sharing sweet friend.

    Reb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orchids. Those photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete