May 26, 2010

Nature's Beauty~A Garden Walk

Welcome To Springtime!
Yellow Yarrow


A Bucket Bursting with Color!


Pole beans coming up!



Wagon Wheels and Pole beans at the base of the fence




Lavender




A Natural Prairie Garden at the very East end of out property








Gerber Daisies














A morning stroll through my gardens, everything still damp from the rains overnight. A little bunny hops out of the prairie garden, we were both startled to see one another! Thankfully Freeway was off chasing a squirrel in a grove of trees. The air this morning is so humid, so thick, you could cut it with a knife...but it is cool yet so very comfortable. Yes, spring has finally arrived in full bloom to Iowa. Today I have 7 more flowers to get in the ground, and I will be pretty much done with the planting. My vegetable garden is coming up so well however, the darn weeds are already taking over!
My hubby's dad and step mom will be coming in June for a visit! I can't wait to see them! And then my dear friend Vicki will also be visiting in June. What a banner month it will be! I love company!!!! With my husband's work, we have never lived close to our families, so each and every visit is more than special.
Well off to hoe the vegetable garden. I am almost finished with a rag quilt that has taken me a month to finish!! Can you believe that?? Sheesh! I can't seem to stay indoors long enough to sit at my sewing machine. And I have been working on the sweetest rag rug for months and months, but I'm still at it!! You will love it, and I will take some awesome pics when I get a little further done. Hugs and Love-from my garden to Yours!
Blessings~Sharon







5 comments:

  1. Loving your garden! Lavender...oh how I love lavender! So beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing your little bit of heaven with me.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about not wanting to stay inside. Gosh! It took nearly half a year for the warm Spring to arrive... I say enjoy it!

    Your flowers are lovely and I also love the fence line decorated with wagon wheels and pole beans.

    Wish I had a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun with the company, Sharon! I loved that daisy, such a pretty color! looks like you guys have a big piece of property; must be fun exploring all the wonderful things growing on it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear Sharon ~~ I so enjoyed seeing your flowers etc - very pretty. Thank you so much for the birthday
    wishes - so nice of you and I have had a great week. I am
    so glad your weather is nice at last. We won't mention ours. Bleak suits it best at present. Take care my friend,
    Love and Hugs, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a peaceful beautiful surrounding of florals & pastures you have. I love the serenity ...

    May your Memorial weekend & celebrations be safe & enjoyable, filled merriment ... as you solemnly remember those that have passed before us & our military that protect(ed)s our freedoms. LET FREEDOM RING!!

    TTFN ~ Hugs of love, Marydon

    ReplyDelete