July 9, 2011

In Love With David Austin!

Hello Friends! After a long hiatus filled with life changes and new beginnings....I'm back! I've missed you all, and I don't know where to start in filling you in. So, I'm just going to begin at where I left off on my last blog. My mom is doing very well! Thank the Lord! She came to Iowa with me to do her radiation therapy and we drove about an hour each day to Ames. The William R. Bliss Cancer Center was filled with the most wonderful angels. Kind and considerate, caring and loving. Mom and I miss them! But her treatment went very smoothly with very little side effects. She is home now in Dallas gathering her things and getting rid of things to move to Marshalltown to be by me! I'm so excited! We haven't lived near each other in many many years, and I feel so blessed that I will be able to spend time with her. She is feeling well, and just as busy as ever! I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. God is faithful.
I have been busy in my garden this year, a bit late, but things are coming to fruition nevertheless. I took the big step this year....ordering David Austin roses!! It's been a dream of my to fill my yard with DA roses and peonies. While I didn't plant any peonies this year, I did plant DA "Shropshire Lad & Gertrude Jekyll" roses. Gertrude is in bloom (above) and looking wonderful. I began with knockout roses to see if I could get these so called "full (fool) proof" roses to grow. They did very well for two years so now I am on to David Austin's. Wish me luck!
I also planted a vegetable garden this year! Oh my goodness, I am up to my ears in sweet peas, green beans, and onions. We have the most delicious beets too! The tomatoes are not ripe yet, but there are many many on the vine. I'm looking forward to those.
I have been so lax with my blog lately, I hope that you all haven't forgotten me!! It seems I have the attention span of a newt these days.
My hubby has gone back to his old job, and is gone most of the week again....just when I was getting used to him being home!!! I think this job is much better for his health and happiness, so we will manage.
I wish you all a wonderful weekend...a special hug for MA!! Be well friends, Sharon

5 comments:

  1. It's so great to see a post from you. You were missed. I'm glad to hear that your mother is doing so well. Thank the dear Lord for his many blessings. It will be great to have her near by. I do love your roses! Have a super Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the good news about your Mother, I am sure you will love having her near you!

    Have a lovely weekend and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear the good news about your mom. She is moving near you? How cool is that!!
    And those roses...OMG!!! Amazing!!
    Enjoyed your post!
    Be well and take care
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo good to hear from you, glad Mom is moving close to you, sounds great!!! Your garden sounds beautiful & delicious!!!!!

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad the tides are turning for you and your family Sharon...It's so nice to see you back... Gardening is a good therapy for uplifting the soul... I bought a David Austen this year too... and it smells wonderful... as I'm sure your beauty does.... Thanks for sharing...HUGS

    ReplyDelete