July 29, 2010

~A Fabulous Read~



Good Morning Friends~I had to share with you a delightful book that I have just begun...and can't put down..."My Life in France," Written by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme(her nephew). I love to cook, and try at least one new recipe a couple of times a month as I get tired of the same old stuff all of the time. I am so fortunate that my big guy will eat anything on a plate, literally. I remembered Julia Child from her television show when was young-er(I keep reminding myself that I am not getting old, just maturing nicely). Anyway, as I watched Julia cook, I remember being more drawn to her character than I was to her recipes and cooking. Her voice, her stature, and her intense absorption in the act of cooking, I think it was her passion that drew me to watch her demonstrations. (I never made one of her recipes!) In this book her character shines, her devotion to family and friends as well as her love of all things French, especially French cuisine. It isn't all about food though, really, it is about the woman that I found so facinating so many years ago. I think this book would appeal to anyone as it is a remarkable journey of finding passion...and living it! Bon Appetit!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful book! I will have to put that one my list of TBR.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sharon your qulits are fantastical wondderful! I'm happy because you read my blog... If you have a Google Translate you can read it in english version! Please, forgive me, my english is soooo bad, I'm not in practice. God bless You! Csillagos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon,
    I discovered you on Pins & Needles site and I too am a Julia fan. I have one of her books right now that I am enjoying. I will have to check this one out too! Thanks for the share.
    Have a great weekend,
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    I discovered you on Pins & Needles site and I too am a Julia fan. I have one of her books right now that I am enjoying. I will have to check this one out too! Thanks for the share.
    Have a great weekend,
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always had an adoration of her as well. She is the most delightfully happy person just for the sake of food. God Love Her. I watched the movie which depicted her and a woman on a blog mission to cook one of her recipes for a year. I found the movie so very comforting on so many levels. I'm with you, I'm not sure if it was the cooking so much as her wonderful exuberance for life. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon...I have this book also but not read it yet...I saw the movie twice and have watched it twice here at home...I just absolutely love it!!! Thanks for the thumbs up...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete